It is said that teachers learn from their students and I would certainly endorse that and it is also said that the teacher teachers what they need to learn themselves. I couldn’t agree more. Supporting others in finding their strengths and skills has lead me to find my own.
From witnessing anothers, sometimes painful journey from a life of misery to a life of fulfillment has taught me to be grateful and appreciate my own. We can learn from each other if we open ourselves up to being available to learn.
The biggest lesson I’ve learned is to ‘value myself’.
By learning to value yourself you will discover that others start to value you too and those that don’t you will learn to either let go of or at least distance from.
I am constantly heartened at how powerful this lesson proves to be for people who have a very loud self critic. You have probably been criticising yourself for years so have become very good at it. Habits are hard to break but with determination and a drive for a better life, people do – with amazing results!
There are ways you can start to do this and I absolutely know (because I’ve witnessed it) that you will feel more positive about yourself and consequently attract more positive things into your life. Why not start today and keep a journal to record how you get on as writing things down is a very powerful lesson in itself.
6 Tips to Value Yourself
1. Daily Treats – Give yourself a treat which is just for you. This could be anything from having a soak in the bath, reading a favourite book, treating yourself to a coffee and cake or anything that you would consider a treat. Just make sure whatever you chose, it’s for YOU and ENJOY!
2. Give To Others – What you want back. Don’t wait to receive, give it first and why not start with a smile 🙂 Remember – those that can’t give one probably need one the most!
3. Become Your Best Friend – If you make friends with yourself you will certainly have learnt the lesson of self value. Imagine being attached to your worst enemy – not a good thought, but that’s what you do when you hate yourself! So make friends with yourself and become your biggest fan. You will attract others to value you too.
4. Me Time – Give yourself a realistic time which you can truly feel is yours. Even 10 mins of doing something that you chose is better than nothing. As you appreciate the value of me time you will want to expand it. This is a wonderful recipe for de-stressing!
5. Check Your Thoughts – If you catch yourself saying something negative add a positive comment on the end. E.g. ‘You are stupid’ ……add……’but not most of the time’ By correcting your negative self talk you will learn to start valuing yourself more.
6. Make A Meal For Yourself As If It Was For Your Best Friend – Plan it, dress for the occasion and serve it well. A truly ‘self value’ act………You Are Worth It!